I have this quote stuck on a yellow sticky note to my computer screen, and people that walk past always ask me why i have it there. and I always tell them, its what gets me out of the morning and look forward to a brand new day.
I’m not much of a “new year, new me” type of guy but i do have some goals that I would like to come to achieve in the next 364 days of 2017.
- Travel to a country outside of Asia. For the last few years I have spend holidays abroad in mostly asian countries/cities and for a change this year I want to do something a bit different. We have a location in mind and a date set and can’t wait to book out tickets soon!
- Read at least 2 books this year. Any recommendations?
- Learn a new skill. I have in mind a spatial imagery course for learning mapping? Barista?
- Pay off another 15-20k off my home mortgage
- Run twice a week
- Spend more time catching up with old friends who i have disconnected from
- Complete one major project under YuConsultants
- Encourage more friends to join Toastmasters and help at least two others build more confidences in public speaking
- Drink less coffee and more tea.
- Blog more frequently!
For now 10 seems like a good number and I look forward to the rest of the year to hit these goals. Some will be harder then others and some will require persistence and maybe even reminders from other people. Never the less i know it will be an exciting year!
Watch this space! as I will be posting blogs daily (if not every two days) with interesting articles topics and an insight into my 2017.